First, I’d like to thank J. L. Campbell for putting the word out about The Memory Eater anthology. J. L. is one of the nicest/selfless authors I’ve met. She’s always willing to lend a helping hand without receiving anything in return. Do yourself a favor and check out her blogs. She does great book reviews here and talks about writing and gives away cool prizes here.
Second, I’d like to thank the CCC (Columbus Creative Cooperative) for including my short story The Grandest Trick in their debut anthology titled Origins, which you can preorder here. I will be posting information on the CCC’s second anthology, and how to enter, when the details are finalized.
Third, I would like to thank everyone who already submitted a story, and to those following the progress of The Memory Eater. I have received a lot of positive feedback, except on one board where I ran into a “Space Battle” with
paranoid nerds wizards. Other than that, it seems people are generally excited about this idea, which in turn makes me even more excited.
Fourth and finally, it’s Friday! To celebrate, I’d like to share with everyone the track-listing of the first album to a band I created at work called The Office Band.
1. Unnecessary finger quoting
2. Direct deposit and a bottle of beer
3. Ode to wolf-print sweaters
4. Wake up sleepy, I hit your Porsche with my Pacer
5. Water cooler lunchbox and the battle to store the world
6. I’ll have Scotch. No, the tape.
7. Midday jam to Cyndi Lauper
8. Two coffee mugs filled with pain
9. Bring your hygiene to work day
10. Plastic mat face-plant
11. PlatenKleen: For cleaning and restoring platens and rubber rollers on typewriters
12. Bathroom stall farter: I’ll remember your penny loafers
13. George Washington issued a recall on my computer
14. Bring your clipboard, and a shiv
15. Four seasons of Hawaiian shirts
16. How come the janitor never calls in sick?
17. My computer has bi-focals
18. 82 of your 1,364 computer cords are tangled
19. When the elevator’s broke, no one can get to their floor
20. Gloria has 17 grandkids, 62 cats, a lot of horse apparel, loves arts and crafts, and is divorced with 3 mortgages on her trailer…according to her cubical
Now get out of here and have a great weekend!